Sleeping To Dream Blog

 

Friday, June 09, 2006

Flying High

Life is so funny. One moment you're scared ****less and another you're flying high. Just a month ago I was going through a rough time. I had lost trust in someone that was very close to me. I believed in this person and for the first time in our relationship I suddenly didn't. It was like night and day. I can't even describe how devastating it was. I even questioned my role in it. Did I let this happen? Was it my fault? Did I push him into a situation that left him no choice but to lie? That's why trust is so important in relationships. Because without it, you really don't have much. All you'll end up with is a relationship full of doubt and questions, with no real peace in sight. You'll always wonder if the person is telling the truth, you'll always wonder if they have it in them to lie to you again, to hurt you again. And you know what? They most likely will.

Hurt me once, shame on you.
Hurt me twice, shame on me.

Fortunately I'm over it. Life goes on whether you like it or not, and you have to learn how to adjust. And I have to say that I am adjusting pretty darn well. People will always surprise you and make you think twice about what you know or think you know in your soul. Don't let them doubt who you are or what you want in life. Don't let sadness or fear consume you. Let the pain go, let the anger go, and most of all, let the person go. Trust your instincts. Because life is wonderful if you let it be. I have faith that everything is the way it is supposed to be at the moment. And I am so thankful that I still have people here that I love and trust completely.

3 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Blogger Tuzigoot said...

Hi Joanne. I know what you are going through or you can sympathize with I am going through. In my case, it is parallel to yours, but I call mine the 4F's (40, Facebook, friends and frightened). He spends most of his time on the computer, not sure exactly what, but not really speaking to a female (as far as I know). It is complicated and it has come down to no communication and disrespect for one another. I am at the end of my ropes and finding myself in a very dark and cold place.

I am glad to hear that you have found happiness and that it will last the second time around! Congratulations.....

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Tuzigoot said...

Hi Joanne. I know what you are going through or you can sympathize with I am going through. In my case, it is parallel to yours, but I call mine the 4F's (40, Facebook, friends and frightened). He spends most of his time on the computer, not sure exactly what, but not really speaking to a female (as far as I know). It is complicated and it has come down to no communication and disrespect for one another. I am at the end of my ropes and finding myself in a very dark and cold place.

I am glad to hear that you have found happiness and that it will last the second time around! Congratulations.....

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Toozigoot...i am saddened to hear that you are experiencing this. Although this happened to me over 3 years ago, I can still feel the pain of it all. I know how alone you must feel and hope that it resolves one way or the other for you. If you have kids, it is even more frightening I'm sure. Please feel free to email me if you need to talk more or call me if you have my number. Take care.

 

Post a Comment


Home
 
MJ's Website Kiki's Website Experience Interact